Downie is a video downloading application for macos you may need. It’s not simply a Youtube Downloader: Downie support at the moment on 800 different websites! The full list can be viewed in Downie’s options, in the Website tab.
With each update, the app adds some new sites at the user’s request – just send them a link to an inactive website and they will probably add it to the next update.
- Supports many sites – currently supports over 1,000 different sites (including YouTube, Youku, Bilibili, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically.
- Quick support – I respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
- Frequent updates – Don‘t wait weeks for new sites to be supported, or bugs to be fixed! Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
- International – not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us – we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
New features on Downie 4
- UI Redesign – the UI has been redesigned with more options at hand, while not cluttering the UI.
- Menu Bar Control – control the app from the menu bar – without the need for the Dock icon.
- Customizations – custom postprocessing using your own shell script, custom file name formatting, and much more.
- Improved Speed – YouTube videos load up to 6 times faster with Downie 4 when compared to Downie 3
- Metadata Improvements – the metadata that Downie gathers can be written into an external JSON file for further custom processing.
- Improved User-Guided Extraction – the UGE window now has history, allows saving favorites and much more.